(Presseportal openBroadcast) - Zhongshan, Guangdong, China - Gatonbrass is pleased to announce that their brass forging process adheres to the ASTM standards. This is after the company’s brass forged parts passed several quality tests. This test aims to ascertain whether their products meet the globally accepted standards.
The ASTM outlines all the requirements that all brass forged parts should meet. This is a basic requirement for all brass products sold in America and other major global markets. Apparently, a number of countries across the globe use the ASTM as their reference.
Any brass parts that are manufactured through forging must meet the ASTM requirements to be sold in the American Market. This is important for any company that intends to export the forged parts in the U.S. This standard outlines the general requirements such as the manufacturing process, finishing operations and the properties of the brass part. The ASTM standards require that all materials are tested for optimum performance and consistency.
Last week, Gatonbrass did test all the forged brass parts to ascertain that they meet this quality criteria. These include:
- The part dimensions such as: straightness, edge contours, straightness, mass, diameter, and length.
- The mechanical properties such: elongation, Rockwell hardness, tensile strength, etc.
- Grain size requirements, electrical and chemical properties.
“Complying with the ASTM brass forging standards is key to the sustainability of our brass parts we sell in the U.S. market,” said Erik. “We have no doubt that the brass parts can meet the desired performance and quality criteria as the company is contemplating adopting other forging techniques,” he added.
There are other companies that have adopted several brass forging techniques that aim to meet the dynamic requirements of the end user. One such example is the die forgings produced by the hot pressing technique. A number of companies have adopted it for various brass.
In an attempt to comply with the ASTM metal forging requirements, Gatonbrass will mainly focus on those alloys listed in their catalogue. These will include:
- The plumbing brass that is available in two forms: the C27450 and C27451. Still, this will also go hand in hand with efforts to adopt lead-free brass forging. This is an important requirement in both Europe and America.
- The leaded brass identified as C35330. This is not meant for any plumbing applications.
- The naval brass that are either identified by either C48600 or C46400.
- Forging brass that is identified by C37700. Gatonbrass intend to focus on this for most of its brass forging applications.
The Gatonbrass forged parts passing the ASTM standards is an achievement by the company. It will basically boost the consumer confidence. Again, the company is still striving to comply with all other regulatory requirements in the industry.
Gatonbrass is a premier brass parts manufacturer that offers a one-stop-solution for brass die casting. The company produces a wide range of die cast parts and guarantees a total cost advantage for all brass parts.
... auf alle Leistungen der marmato GmbH
Zahlen, Daten, Fakten
- Mehr als 5.000 Pressemeldungen monatlich
- Über 10.000 registrierte Unternehmen
- Über 30.000 Unique Visitors monatlich
- Über unser Netzwerk 1 Million Page Impressions monatlich