(Presseportal openBroadcast) - Pinnacle Treatment Centers, a multistate provider of addiction treatment services has opened its second location in Sterling Heights, Michigan. St Claire Shores will open shortly. The company operates in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Kentucky, and Virginia and is scheduled to open in Indiana, Ohio and Minnesota. Services include (inpatient), outpatient, sober living environments - a full comprehensive continuum of care.
“Our objective is to serve individuals who can benefit from outpatient services, residential and sober living environments. Pinnacle Treatment serves patients who confront a range of challenges. Michigan is an important market for us. As such, we have named Tanya Vasser as our new Regional Director for the area. Her multistate and tenured experience is well suited for the Michigan environment,” Joe Pritchard, CEO of Pinnacle Treatment said.
“I have worked in the areas of behavioral health, substance abuse, social work and community support. I look forward to working with people in Southern Michigan as we provide recovery and treatment service. Both our Washentaw and Macomb county facilities are conveniently located to accommodate people’s schedules” Tanya Vasser Regional Director for Pinnacle Treatment said
As reported in The Detroit Free Press in August 2015:
"We know in Michigan that we’ve seen a huge spike in prescription pill abuse," said U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade of the Eastern District of Michigan at a press conference. "We’ve also seen a serious resurgence in heroin as addicts turn to that as a cheaper alternative for their opioid addiction. That has resulted in some very significant problems in Michigan, and we seem to be exporting our problems to other states.”
The Macomb Daily reported in April 2014 that the county leads the rest of the state in heroin deaths:
Since 1999, 477 people have died from heroin overdoses in Macomb County, with gradually increasing numbers for each three-year period. Wayne County had the most, 807, in the past 15 years, with more than 200 in each three-year period 2003-2005 and 2006-2008.
Macomb County, the state’s third most-populous county, last year had the fourth most total substance-abuse admissions, 4,350, behind Wayne, Oakland and Genesee counties, according to the Bureau of Substance Abuse and Addiction Services within the Michigan Department of Community Health.
(The Macomb Daily, Jameson Cook, April 19, 2014, www.macombdaily.com )
The Pinnacle Treatment locations provide treatment for opioid and heroin addiction on an outpatient basis. This includes a combination of methadone treatment/Medication Assisted Treatment combined with both individual and group therapy.
What is Medication Assisted Treatment And Methadone and how does it work?
- Methadone has been effectively used for over 45 years.
- Supervised treatment with methadone can eliminate opiate use. *
- Methadone will prevent opiate withdrawal when taken as prescribed.
- When in treatment, dosages begin low and increase to a stable level. This will not produce a high when taken daily.
*It is critical that Methadone treatment occur with the oversight of trained professionals, as it can be lethal to non-tolerant opiate individuals.
What is Outpatient Counseling and Support Systems (Individual and Group Therapy)?
- Methadone is most successful in combination both individual and group therapy. Work with an individual therapist enables individuals to understand addiction.
- Methadone treatment combined with both individual and group therapy best success to a sober life.
- Individual counseling is central to Pinnacle’s treatment plans.
- Individual therapy is a safe and confidential environment. Therapy sessions provide strategies to confront addiction. This includes coping mechanisms and life skills to prevent relapse.
- Group therapy is an important component to recovery, but it is not for everyone. Some patients are not ready for group therapy. It does provide a support system when guided by a professional. The members of the group confront similar challenges.
Sterling Heights location:
34208 Van Dyke Avenue, Sterling Heights, MI 48312
About Pinnacle Treatment Centers:
Pinnacle Treatment operates in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, and Kentucky and will operate in Minnesota, Michigan and Indiana shortly. Plans are in process for entry into Ohio. The 10+ year old organization treats over 8000 people daily and provides and offers a continuum of care model that includes residential (inpatient), outpatient and sober living environments. Our facilities are fully equipped to treatment individuals throughout their treatment program. All locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative and support staff. For more information on our Michigan Location please visit www.AnnArborTreatment.com or www.Sterlingheightstreatment.com
513 550 3808
... auf alle Leistungen der marmato GmbH
Zahlen, Daten, Fakten
- Mehr als 5.000 Pressemeldungen monatlich
- Über 10.000 registrierte Unternehmen
- Über 30.000 Unique Visitors monatlich
- Über unser Netzwerk 1 Million Page Impressions monatlich