(Presseportal openBroadcast) - Diaton tonometer is presented at the World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) in Guadalajara, Mexico. Diaton tonometry allows to measure intraocular pressure to diagnose glaucoma through the upper eyelid and sclera, IOP results are independent of corneal biometrics. More details at: http://www.TonometerDiaton.com
Diaton® tonometer to be presented by FarbaC Biomedical , Diaton distributor in Mexico.
Since Diaton is Non-corneal and Over the Eyelid, the results are independent of corneal properties such as corneal thickness, crookedness and intraocular pressure can be obtained with patients still wearing contact lenses (no other device can). Also, non-invasive technique eliminates risk of infecting or scratching the cornea and no numbing drops are required to measure the pressure and no recovery time is needed + there is no need to adjust for corneal irregularities such as central corneal thickness CCT , with all this making the screening with Diaton quick and complete - making users much more efficient.
Major Benefits of Diaton Tonometer:
- No contact with the cornea (only upper eyelid and sclera)
- No need for anesthesia drops
- No risk of infecting or scratching cornea (safer than other methods)
- No consumables (cost efficient: no need to purchase replacement tips/covers..etc.,)
- No sterilization (just alcohol swab is used to wipe off the tip)
- No pachymetry needed (more accurate: independent of CCT or other corneal biomechanics)
- No daily calibration needed (ready-to-use and saves time)
- Handheld, portable, pen-like
- Easy to use (can be used by any trained personnel)
Diaton tonometer is cost efficient and is priced very competitively at only $2,750 USD and it is delivered complete (no need to purchase additional accessories, tips, covers..etc.,), a 2 year warranty, Calibration Tester/ Training Plate (no need for daily calibration), Carry Case, Battery and Training DVD in 5 different languages + phone based training support.
About BiCOM Inc:
BiCOM, home of Diaton tonometer - committed to the global fight against blindness caused by glaucoma. A unique team of engineers, medical, legal and business experts makes BiCOM Inc. uniquely placed to provide DIATON diagnostic tonometer, which measures intraocular pressure (IOP) through the eyelid and sclera, making it possible to diagnose glaucoma on the early stage and appoint necessary treatment and medicines and provide a more favorable outcome for the patient.
Diaton tonometer is presented in over 60 countries either direct by BiCOM Inc., or through distributors. More at http://www.diaton.com
About the WOC
The World Ophthalmology Congress® (WOC) of the International Council of Ophthalmology is the longest continuous international medical meeting, first held in 1857.
Alina Lagoviyer / Public Relations
Address: 151 East Walnut Street, Long Beach, New York 11561
... auf alle Leistungen der marmato GmbH
Zahlen, Daten, Fakten
- Mehr als 5.000 Pressemeldungen monatlich
- Über 10.000 registrierte Unternehmen
- Über 30.000 Unique Visitors monatlich
- Über unser Netzwerk 1 Million Page Impressions monatlich