(Presseportal openBroadcast) - Art across all genres and cultural displays in Kolkata and the Birla Academy of Art & Culture has been always synonymous. From arranging interesting workshops to organizing artistic exhibitions of global eminence, it has earned itself the popularity of being the most coveted art gallery not just in Kolkata, but India.
Established back in 1967, the Birla Academy of Art & Culture today functions with a soul focus on developing art and culture taking it to an all new artistic paradigm. Being a famed art gallery, it also give special emphasis on performing and visual arts and in the recent times it has also created a benchmark as being an artistic hub for creative, academic and cultural activities. Recently, the art gallery has organized an interesting art exhibition that was titled “Recent Acquisitions 2011-2015”, where none of the exhibits were for sale. This exhibition focused on some of the best paintings and artworks of the gallery that were accumulated between the years 2011 and 2015.
The exhibits exuded the innovative thought process and the creative finesse of the artists. For instance, an exhibit included a painting by Paula Sengupta that was titled “Rivers of Blood” that was a tobacco trail woodblock hand embroidery and appliqué that is done on table lenin and serigraph on acrylic sheet. Another prominent exhibit was by Rohini Reddy that was titled “My Dream” and was a bronze figurine depicting a figure, gazing above in a dreamlike stance. Made of bronze this figurine resembled a traditional tribal artwork.
Few other artists whose works got exhibited in the Recent Acquisitions 2011-2015” include:
• MonidipaSaha for “Women born for love of bond”
• AmitavDhar for “Once upon a time 2012”
• PradipMaitra for “Expression II”
• Gauri Gill for “The birth series”
• Sharmila Roy for “Non resolution limbo”
• N Pushpamala for “ Mother and the great sacrifice”
• Veer Munshi for “Pandit houses”
• Vijay Bagodi for “An unlimited agony”
• Vivian Sundaram for “Appearance”
That aside, the exhibition comprises multiple exhibits that are paintings, portraits, photographs and other kinds of artwork born out of the creative core of artists.
In its pursuit of elevating the stature of art and culture in Kolkata, the Birla Academy of Art & Culture other than exhibitions have many events lined up, that are of creative and artistic interest. These events are a great scope for an interface between the audience, like minded thinkers and the gallery. The two interesting upcoming events by the art gallery are:
• Summer Workshop on Art & Craft, 2016 – This workshop starts from May 18th and lasts till June 4th and takes place in two separate sessions that excludes Mondays and Saturdays.
• Music Workshop, 2016- This workshop is dedicated for the music aficionados and is going to be conducted by the popular vocalist and Smt. Nupur Chhanda Ghosh and will be taking place between May 12th and May 16th.
With end-to-end creative endeavours Birla Academy of Art & Culture today is the most preferred gallery for hosting any art or cultural event.
About Birla Academy of Art & Culture
An imitative of Sri &Smt B.K Birla the Birla Academy of Art & Culture today has become a name that is associated with exclusive and exquisite art and cultural exhibitions and interactive,creative workshops. From collecting and preserving intriguing museum artefacts to hosting academic programs and hosting exhibitions of Indian and global artefacts, this art gallery is catering to every kind of cultural interest of the city. To know more, visit http://www.birlaart.com/
Mr. MN Hooda
Birla Academy of Art and Culture
108-109,Southern Ave, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029
Phone - 033 -2466-6802
Email - email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
... auf alle Leistungen der marmato GmbH
Zahlen, Daten, Fakten
- Mehr als 5.000 Pressemeldungen monatlich
- Über 10.000 registrierte Unternehmen
- Über 30.000 Unique Visitors monatlich
- Über unser Netzwerk 1 Million Page Impressions monatlich