(Presseportal openBroadcast) - Carlyle Galleries International, Inc., ( www.carlyle-auctions.com ) the online fine art dealers and auctioneers, is proud to announce their next auction: "500 Years of Art: Old Masters to Contemporary" - Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 10:00AM Pacific Time.
Carlyle's latest online auction will feature fresh-to-the-market paintings, sculpture, prints & multiples. As always, Carlyle is offering an eclectic mix of fine art: from the Renaissance 1500's to Contemporary 2000's, including: Russian, Latin, French, Middle-Eastern, and American paintings.
Many artworks are from local Los Angeles celebrity collections and estates, as well as consignors from all over the United States. Starting prices range from as low as $200 to $25,000, with most items in the $4,000-8,000 range, making them highly accessible to collectors of all budgets.
Key Highlights include:
- A large selection of museum-quality Old Master Paintings, including Italian Renaissance, Netherlandish, French, and Dutch Old Masters, with mythological, Old & New testament subjects.
- 1980's paintings, including an important large 1986 abstract Richard Tobias, formerly in the Lehman Brothers corporate collections. This is the first time that a work of art by critically acclaimed painter, Richard Tobias, is being offered at auction. The estimate is a reasonable $4,000-6,000, for this dramatic painting, nearly 7 feet tall. Another Big 80's painting in the auction, measuring at 7 feet square, is surrealist-cartoon style work by Rodney Greenblat, reminiscent of his peer Kenny Scharf. A bright abstract painted by Taro Yamomoto in 1985, and measuring at 40" x 50", is offered with a starting price of just $3,000 .
- A selection of important works by Russian artists including: Alexander Yakovlev, David Burliuk, and Jean Albert Pougny.
- Illustration art by James Dwyer for 1950's pulp fiction, and John Ruge for Playboy Magazine published in the 1970's.
- French Mid-Century Modern art by Etienne Hadju, Leon Zack, Jacques Germain and other important artists.
- Latin art in the auction ranges from, a rare 19th century Cuban painting by Esteban Chartrand to a 1960 self-portrait by Brazilian modernist Carlos Bastos.
- European 19th century paintings by important artists, including a recently discovered painting attributed to Carl Spitzweg, depicting a man reading his newspaper to his attentive dog, which carries a $7,000-9,000 estimate..
The auction is online-only.
CLICK HERE to view the AUCTION CATALOG
Carlyle is now accepting consignments for the June 12, 2016 auction.
Carlyle Galleries International, Inc. is an online Fine Art Dealer & Auctioneer based in Beverly Hills, California, serving an international collector base in over 35 countries.
Carlyle specializes in the "middle-market"($5,000-$100,000) in: Old Master & 19th Century, Impressionist/Modern and Post-War & Contemporary art.
Jack Marks, CEO
Carlyle Galleries International, Inc.
Address: 9701 Wilshire Boulevard, 10th Floor, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310) 579-9697 ext. 700
... auf alle Leistungen der marmato GmbH
Zahlen, Daten, Fakten
- Mehr als 5.000 Pressemeldungen monatlich
- Über 10.000 registrierte Unternehmen
- Über 30.000 Unique Visitors monatlich
- Über unser Netzwerk 1 Million Page Impressions monatlich