(Presseportal openBroadcast) - Sometimes when we are diagnosed having a healthcare situation for the very first time, we obtain ourselves in an alien world, filled with terminologies we know absolutely nothing about. What's the medical professional wanting to say when he or she confirms that you simply have sleep apnea and would now have to put on the corresponding mask. Get additional information about healthybreaths http://healthybreaths.com/best-cpap-mask/
What's sleep apnea? And why are they asking you to wear masks? A number of concerns like these crowd your thoughts and you want satisfying answers at this time.
What is sleep apnea?
It's one of the worst types of sleep problems characterized by recurrent pauses in breathing, every single lasting for 10 seconds or additional and recurring 5 to 30 occasions in an hour, depending on the severity from the condition. It takes place when the upper airway narrows and when snoring is left untreated.
Sleep apnea masks: what are they and what do they do?
Sleep apnea and CPAP masks would often be pointed out with each other, since CPAP or Continued Optimistic Air Pressure therapy is identified as among one of the most efficient implies to treat this illness. The therapy includes pumping in pre-set pressurized air in to the lungs to maintain it open during sleep. It aims to keep the airway from collapsing and blocking typical flow of air for the duration of breathing even though you sleep.
CPAP masks, also referred to as the sleep apnea masks are a vital and integral a part of the gear which has the following elements: the device, the mask and hoses. When the device generates the pressurized air, it is carried towards the lungs by way of the the mask worn over the nose, mouth or each. The air is carried for the mask using the enable in the hoses.
Sleep apnea and CPAP masks: basics
The CPAP masks are often triangular in shape and produced from soft and pliable silicone material. The sleeping and breathing habits from the user play a important part in the selection of the CPAP mask. There are numerous sorts of CPAP masks obtainable in the market place. Here is a short overview of a number of the common varieties of CPAP masks:
1. CPAP Gel Mask: The CPAP gel mask offers the ideal and most comfy match and is also a appropriate alternative for persons allergic to silicone plastic, material applied for all other forms of CPAP masks.
The CPAP gel mask is made from gelatin combined with some soft plastic. This material might be pre-heated to make a distinctive and individualized mask that fits the facial and nasal contours completely. Some gel masks are also offered where no pre-heating is necessary.
2. Full face mask: The full face mask covers the whole face. It begins at the bridge in the nose up to the lower lip covering the chin. The mask has additional straps in the forehead and mouth for safe fitting.
3. Nasal masks: Because the name suggests, the nasal mask covers only the nose, and would be the most typical style of CPAP mask employed in CPAP therapy. It can be worn with straps going round the head, to help keep the mask in position securely.
... auf alle Leistungen der marmato GmbH
Zahlen, Daten, Fakten
- Mehr als 5.000 Pressemeldungen monatlich
- Über 10.000 registrierte Unternehmen
- Über 30.000 Unique Visitors monatlich
- Über unser Netzwerk 1 Million Page Impressions monatlich